- In March 2009, Congress signed into law $960,000 to increase funding for consumer statewide networks, which allowed 12 additional consumer-run networks to receive $70,000 annual grants for 3 years.
- Hired Thomas Bryant M.D., J.D., as our Director of Government Relations. Tom comes to us with impeccable credentials including serving in the Carter Administration as the Chairman of the President's Commission on Mental Health and decades of public policy experience.
- Participated in several White House meetings, briefings, and policy recommendation sessions with senior advisors to the President.
- Developed Emotional CPR (eCPR), a public health education program that trains laypeople and law enforcement to assist someone through an emotional crisis.
- Participated in the development of the Justice for All Action Network, a national cross-disability coalition which has greatly enhanced the Coalition's policy and legislative influence in Washington, D.C.
While we have much to be proud of, there is much that remains to be done. We need your support to continue to strengthen our political power and continue our advocacy work to promote recovery, hope, and full community inclusion for all. We have expanded our “family” to include individual membership and we ask you to please join us now by clicking here: www.ncmhcso.org/donations. Suggested individual membership dues are $25.00/year, but please give whatever you can afford. With a membership donation, you will receive the National Coalition News (NCN), our monthly e-newsletter (the December issue is below).
Lauren Spiro, Director